Arrival into Tokyo – Japan

Trip Date: October 27th – November 4th, 2017

Flight to Japan

The flight to Japan was actually very comfortable especially for an international flight.  I had a middle section all to myself on a nonstop flight.  After we took off and were at a high enough altitude to move around, I situated myself in  the middle seat for the rest of the flight.  There were quite a few people who had their own sections to themselves and some even took advantage of it by laying down to sleep during the flight too.jp_2017__arrival-3

The last time I was on an international flight was to South Korea back in 2015, but I flew Delta business class during that time.  This time around, I flew coach and didn’t realize that the drinks, even alcohol, were complimentary.  The food wasn’t too bad either.  Definitely an improvement from the last time I had food in coach class on an international flight.

Airport to hotel

The Japanese subway system is complex.  There are many platforms and different trains that go to different stations but use the same tracks.  I definitely prefer South Korea’s subway system to Japan’s.  Even though the system is complex, I didn’t get lost trying to get to Shinjuku Station.  Shinjuku Station was where I would then need to walk to get to my hotel.  One thing I wish I had done before even leaving the airport was grab an umbrella.  By the time I had gotten to a transfer station after leaving the airport, I realized it was raining heavily outside.  When I got to Shinjuku Station, I had forgotten to look for a shop inside the station to get an umbrella too.  So there I am, standing right in front of the doors to go outside of the station with no umbrella, AND it is pouring out.  Good thing my camera bag has a rain jacket that I can cover it with and I didn’t care about my clothes getting wet in my carry-on suitcase.  Good thing the walk to my hotel was only about 15-20 minutes, because for the next few days, it was raining non-stop due to the typhoon that rolled through.

Check out the pictures below for more from the first couple of days when I arrived!